We thought we would share 5 things you might not know about this standard.
- The Passivhaus Standard is the fastest growing low energy standard in Europe
- Over 30,000 buildings have been realised so far
- Passivhaus buildings have a high level of indoor air quality – roughly achieving a 75% reduction in space heating requirements compared to the standard practice for UK new build.
- The Passivhaus standard can be applied not only to residential properties, but also to commercial, industrial and public buildings.
- Passivhaus can be applied to any climate in the world and works equally as well in warm climates as it does in more moderate climates – having been applied in Australia, China, Japan, Canada the USA and South America….a research station has even been constructed to the Passivhaus standard in Antarctica!
The BRE Academy is running a Certified European Passivhaus Designer Course in Glasgow, which is to be delivered in partnership with the Energy Systems Research Unit at the University of Strathclyde.
This intensive and practical 8-day training course is aimed at architects and other design professionals with experience with energy efficient design, who wish to expand their portfolio.
Successful candidates are able to register with the Passivhaus Institute as a Certified Passivhaus Designer